Current Affairs 2019
Current Affairs 2019 (January)
- Right-Wing Leader Jair Bolsonaro Takes over As barzil”s president
- Malaysia’s King Mohammed V abdicates becoming the first ruling Monarch to resign from The Throne country’s history
- mudslide triggered bi a dam collapse at and iron ore mine brumadinho Brazil lips over 270 dead
Current Affairs 2019 (February)
- Pope Francis arrives in UAE For the first Ever visit by a pontiff to the arabian peninsula
- USA president Donald Trump and north korean dictorial leader kim jong-un hold their second summit in Hanoi, Vietnam
Current Affairs 2019 (March)
- Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max Crashes shortly after take off from Addis Ababa, killing 157 people on board.all boeing 737 MAX aircraft grounded worldwide due to saftey concerns following the second crash in five months
- Gunman Kills 51 people and injures dozens at two mosques in christchurch, New zealand
- Cyclone Idai causes catastrophic damage in Mozambique, Zimbabwe and malawi. An estimated 1,300 people are killed
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested from Ecuador’s embassy in London after revocation off asylum given in 2012
- Major fire engulfs the iconic 850-year-old Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris.The Spire and roof collapse but the main structure and valuable treasures are saved
- Multiple bombings of churches and hotels across Srilanka leave over 250 people dead.
- Ukranian Comedian Volodymyr Zelensky scores a landslide win the country’s presidential election.
- Emperor Naruhito ascends the throne in japan after the abdication of his father , Akihito
- BJP-led NDA returns to power after big victory in indian general elections; Narendra Modi takes over as prime Minister for a second term, 30 May
- Mass protest begin in Hong Kong against a propsed law regarding extradition to mainland china, over a million people pour on the streets. The bill is later withdrawn but violent demonstration continue through the year.
- Donald Trump becomes the first American president to set foot on north Korean soil when he meets dictator Kim Jong-un for the third time in just over a year
- WHO declares Ebola virus epidemic to be a health emergency of international concern as death toll in DR Congo tops 2,000
- Dreaded Mexican Drug lord Joaquin ‘EL Chapo’ Guzman sentenced to life in prison by U.S. Court in trial following extradition
- Tension between Iran and west rise over capture of British tanker by Iranian Navy in Strait of Hormuz
- Boris Johnson takes over as UK’s prime minister, after Theresa may resign over failed Brexit deal
- U.S. officially withdraws from the intermediate range nuclear forces treaty established with Russia in 1987 , raising fears of a new arms race.
- Multiple Wildfires across amazon rainforest burn at a record rate. vast tracts of forest cover destroyed and skies over major cities across Brazil get darkened
- Iconic Travel Firm Thomas Cook goes bankcrupt as last-minute rescue negotiations fail stranding 600,000 tourists worldwide
- World’s biggest single-building airport terminial, Beijing Daxing International Airport Opens in China
- Turkish forces launch major offensive into north-east syria, days after president Donald trump withdraw U.S. troops from the border area
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau wins a second term in federal election, but heads a minority govt due to a narrow victory margin.
- Abu Bakar Al-Baghdadi, leader of Islamic State, blows himself after being cornored by U.S. Special forces in Syria.
- Bolivian President Evo Morales resigns amid election-fraud elegations
- Fire fighters battle nearly 200 bush fires across Australia; Sydney gets blanket in hazardous smoke for the third consecutive day.
- Finland’s Sanna Marlin becomes world’s youngest serving prime minister at age-34
- Boris Johnson Re-elected as prime minister of UK after general elections give the conservative party their biggest majority since 1987; pledges to deliver Brexit by 31 Jan 2020
- A Pakistani court sentences former’s military ruler Pervez Musharraf to death in absentia for treason over his 2007 imposition of emergency rule.
- Donald trump becomes the third U.S. President in history to be impeached by the house of Representatives; trial in the senate expected in jan 2020 to decide whether he will remain in office