Today I will tell you how to host website on Google Cloud. Google Cloud is a platform where you can host website .
Can we host website on Google cloud?
You can absolutely host your website on Google Cloud.By hosting your website on Google Cloud, you will not have to face the hosting problem.
Google has launched the Google Cloud Platform to give opportunities to new people, where you can host the website for 1 year.
How To Get Access From Google Cloud Platform To Host A Website
- To use Google Cloud Hosting, first you need to create an email.After that, search Google Cloud in the browser in which your email is logged.
- After that you will see the website of Google Cloud, click on it.The link is given below.
- After this, the website with the above picture will open and you have to click on Get Started For Free.After this ,a new window will open in which you have to select your country.
- After that you have to tick on terms of service and press continue to proceed.
- In the new window you will find a form, you have to fill it up. The first option you will get is account type in which you have to fill business.
- Then fill up your name and address. After this, at the end you will have to enter your credit card number in the payment method option.
- After filling the credit card number, click on start My Free Trial.After this, you will get the option to fill the three digit security code in which you have to fill your credit card CVV.
- After filling the security code, you have to click on Continue after that Google will charge only ₹ 2 Or $0.819 US Dollar from your bank account and your free trial hosting account is activated.
How Much Does It cost To Host Website On Google Cloud
- You will not have to pay when your free trial hosting is activated.
- Google will give you a $ 300 credit in a free trial hosting account for 1 year.You have to finish $ 300 credit in 1 year, otherwise it will expire at the end of year.
- you do not have to pay any money for hosting for 1 year Until you finish $ 300.
- When you host your website, you will get the option to choose a plan for example: – If you choose a monthly $ 20 plan.So it will cost you only $ 240 in 1 year in free credits given by Google.
- The point is very simple, no money will be taken from you until you have spent $ 300.
- Suppose you have spent $ 300 given by Google, after that Google will send you an email asking if you want to extend the plan.
- If you do not want to extend the hosting plan, you will not be charged and Google will charge you with this account if you want to proceed.
How To Host Website On Google Cloud For Free
- To Host the website, first login the email of Google Cloud then go to the link given-console.cloud.google.com.
- Click on new project After this you have to enter the project name, in the project name. you can also enter the name of your website, you can put anything that your heart wants.Finally click on the Create button.
- You have to go to the navigation menu and click on the marketplace option.
- After going to the marketplace, you will have to scroll a bit down.After this you will get a virtual machine option in which you have to select WordPress.
- After this WordPress will open where you have to click on the launch button.Shown in the photo below.
- The same window as the image given above will open and you will have to fill it.
- The first option is deployment name, in which you have to fill WordPress.
- The second option is zone, in which In which you have to select your zone in which you want to rank your website.
- Different different zones have different prices so you have to select zone keeping your budget in mind and you will see the price right side under WordPress overview.
- The Third option is Machine Type, In which you will get different types of options. If your website still has less traffic, then use micro if there is more than that, then choose small, if more than that, then choose next one.
- The fourth option is administrator email address In which you will have to enter your email address and if you forget your website password in future, you can reset your website password again through this email.
- In the boot disk option, you have to select SSD.
- After that in the last you have to Allow HTTP and HTTPS and click on the Deploy button.
- After clicking the Deploy button it will take some time after that your site is ready.
- By doing this, WordPress will not be fully functional, for this you will have to read the entire bottom and set up.
- Read the headings paragraph below and set up your WordPress website.
How To Make WordPress Functional On Google Cloud
- To make the website fully functional, you have to use some commands given below.
- First of all, in the photo above, the SSH option will be seen at the bottom of the right side.Click On SSH Option.
- After some time a window like the picture below will open.
- Coomand 1-
sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
- Paste command 1 as shown in the picture and press inter.
- A new interface will open as shown in the picture below.
- In the photo above, you have to use the command 2 to use, for this you have to scroll down.
- These four keyboard buttons will work for scrolling as shown below.
- You have to scroll down using the scroll down button.
- After that a photo is given below, as far as you have to scroll down and go there and make some changes.
- Command 2:- You have to change as given below.
Directory /var/www/ Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None ----👉 change Alloverride None in to Allowoverride ALL Require all granted </Directory>
- Final result will be as below
Directory /var/www/ Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride ALL Require all granted </Directory>
- After this press enter and paste command 3. command 3 is given below
<Directory /var/www/html> Options -Indexes </Directory>
- Final look will be given below Before proceeding, check all the commands from the table below. Match the red command given below.
<Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None Require all denied </Directory> <Directory /usr/share> AllowOverride None Require all granted </Directory> <Directory /var/www/> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks AllowOverride All Require all granted </Directory> <Directory /var/www/html> Options -Indexes </Directory> #<Directory /srv/> # Options Indexes FollowSymLinks # AllowOverride None Require all granted #</Directory>
- To save all commands, press CTRL + X after that press Y then press ENTER
- After pressing Inter, close the window, to close the window, the option of leave will come and click on leave to close the window.
- After closing the window, you will have to restart the server, for this follow the instruction given below.
- Click again on SSH.A new window will open.In this new window, insert command 4 and press inter, then close the window.
- Command 4
sudo service apache2 restart
Now your complete setup is done, now you have to connect it to your website domain.
How To Connect Google cloud To Your Website Domain
- For this, first you have to host your domain to another hosting account like:-namecheap or any other, after that you connect your domain to Cloudflare when after some time your domain will be connected to Cloudflare.
- In the above picture, you will see the site address (Click On Ip address), when you click on it, then you will open a new WordPress site, this is what you have to connect to your domain.
- for example in above picture the site address is http://220.127.116.11/ you have to copy 18.104.22.168 ( new ip address)
- After this, you have to go to Cloudflare, after going to Cloudflare, click on DNS option and replace the old IP address with this new IP address, then click on save and your website will be live.
Friends, how did you like this post, let us know by commenting and if you are still having difficulty then seek help from us.
Read our Blog- Blog